So this blog has been a pretty big failure ever since I created it, right? I’m not going into any of the “new year – new me”-shit. Because it ain’t. What really has opened my eyes (for probably the billionth time) was an x-ray I had to get yesterday and I compared the pictures to the one I took a little over a year ago. And how fat I actually look in them. I was clearly in shock. Even my mom said “did you really gain that much weight?” I didn’t realise so either. I really didn’t. But pictures show proof, right?
Don’t mind my organs and what is black (it’s just an indicator of where my body is burning glucose), but just look at that tummy area, it’s ridiculous!
Sure, it’s not like I gained 20kg, but it’s still enough. I actually haven’t stood on a scale in quite a while. I wanted to weigh in this morning, but then I forgot and ate breakfast, so it wouldn’t really have been accurate (I just did and I’m at 77.4kg – wow, great girl. You really went on a binge though).
It’s not really that surprising to me though. I haven’t worked out in ages – no more daily walking or anything the like, I didn’t really bother what I ate either. I just tried to get my water in, but that’s not gonna make me lose any weight, right?
So it’s high time I get back on that wagon, and stay on it for real this time. So even though I do not like New Year’s resolution, here’s a list of things I want to achieve in 2017:
- Drink 2l of water a day at least – no more coffee or soda.
- No more eating between the main meals, especially at night. It’s okay to have a chocolate every now and then, but limit myself to the amount of times.
But don’t get myself onto a binge marathon either, so if I really crave something for quite a while, I should have it to prevent that binge.
- Do any kind of exercise at least 3 times a week, even if I’m having a stressful day. There’s always 30 minutes to squeeze in somewhere!
- Limit the processed food intake, or sodium intake overall.
I don’t want to force myself to lose a certain amount of weight by any set date. But I do need a reachable goal for now, something to fight for, right? So for now I would like to get back down to 75kg until February 28th. This is a loss of 2.4kg in almost 2 month, which is totally more than achievable. But we all know how setting goals that are not as easy to achieve will make us feel, right?
How do I plan on making this work?
- Meal plan for the week. And really get my mom into this. It’s the hardest to live with her, really. I do want to limit my portions, because right now I just eat however much I want. I need to teach my stomach, how he can deal with less than that. But she’s making it so hard, giving me all the food she doesn’t want anymore. And she also really likes to cook unhealthy, which just makes it that more difficult. Although she wants to lose weight herself, I have tried to get her on the healthy diet-wagon so many times, failing miserably because after a few weeks I was so over arguing about the food all the time.
I also really need to move out after I finish uni in 2018.
- Drink whenever I feel hungry between those meals to ease my stomach. See if he really is hungry.
- Make a workout plan. I downloaded several apps with easy and short workouts. Plan this time into my daily life
My treadmill hasn’t been used in probably 4 months. You remember these times I went on 1hour walks every day? Yeah, they were past. I read myself into HIIT workouts this morning, and I probably will try to do those. For now I plan to do pilates, low impact cardio and HIIT workouts once a week.
I would really like to write it down, or use an app. Does anybody know a good app to plan out your meals or/and exercise for the week? I did use MFP to track it, but I want to actually plan it ahead of time. Anybody?
Any help is much appreciated, I feel like so left alone with the weightloss, because all of my friends are already pretty lean and my mom isn’t really into it (which I do understand at her age.. but you know).
I know I can do it, I just need the determination to get through my stubborn head and habits.
So I hope to be a bit more active on here. I would also like to follow some more weightloss blogs, so let me know if you’re one of them! Because I really do feel so alone on this journey, although I know I am not!